Wednesday, November 10, 2010

While the gettin's good

“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." ~ George Bernard Shaw


I had the best day yesterday. It started with hugs and kisses from my husband and kids, which how can you complain there?! I got dressed in cute clothes, with makeup and jewelry even. Met my Best friend at her house and we headed into downtown Sacramento. Had probably the best Vanilla Latte ever at a place called Chocolate Fish Coffee. We decided last week that we were both in need of inspiration, so what better place to go to than an art museum. Neither of us had ever been to the Crocker Museum and after living in the area for over a decade, I can't believe I waited this long! It was amazing. I loved all of it and I only wish we had an entire day to just sit and stare. The only torture was that we are both extremely tactile and we couldn't touch anything :) 

As if the day wasn't already just the bee's knees, we headed to lunch at a place we discovered because of a groupon. It was de Vere's Irish Pub and if you ever see it, you should stop in for lunch, seriously. 

I also want to say thank you to another good friend of mine that was awesome enough to help me out and allow my day to last a little longer! The rest of the day went smoothly. I made dinner and we had family reading time. It all ended with a glass of wine and a little video game time with my husband (the new Call of Duty came out). Seriously, such a great day. I kinda feel like I'm bragging, but that's ok, cuz I kinda am :) If we don't relish in the good, then what's the point?!


We're fools whether we dance or not, 
we might as well dance
 ~ Japanese Proverb


(all art shown is the property of Crocker Museum)

No comments:

Post a Comment