Thursday, January 13, 2011

Books, books, and more books

I have a long list of to-dos...have to-dos and want to-dos. Most reading falls under the want to-dos. But I love books, I love buying them, sharing them, and if I'm really lucky - reading them! I thought I would share with you all what I'm reading and what I have stacked up in my waiting to read pile.


Recently read :


- Saltwater Buddha by Jaimal Yogis, this was ok. I didn't walk away feeling any different, I expect a lot from my books, I realize this...but my time is precious and I want something to move me in some way. I did realize how much I miss the ocean, on that I could relate with the author. 


- Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo, I loved this book. It was funny and charming. The main character comes to an understanding I think a lot of people would come to if they allowed themselves the opportunity for growth. 


Currently reading : (I tend to multi-read, I think it's the ADD)


- Delinquency in Society by Robert Regoli, this is a textbook for school, this is a have to read, at least it's fairly interesting. However, school reading makes all other reading difficult.


- Wormwood by Chase Baker, this is novel by my brother-in-law, who is very talented and this is his second published book. The first, Bourgeoisie Daydreams, is a collection of poems.


- The Courage to Start by John "The Penguin" Bingham, a great motivator for running.


What's on deck :


- Always Looking Up, The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist by Michael J. Fox


- The Wave by Susan Casey


- The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, & Amanda Pressner


- Tales of a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman


- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig


- the rest of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, if you haven't read them, run out to your local library and check out One for the Money and you might as well get Two for the Dough, because you will finish them fast and literally be laughing out loud. I started reading them after my grandfather nearly choked from laughing as he told me about the books, how could I not read them after an endorsement like that. I've stopped on six and an inbetweener I think, again school interrupted. But I vow to pick back up, I think there are 16 plus inbetweeners.



No comments:

Post a Comment