I've decided to to make this my preparatory year, a year of making improvements and getting ready for what lies ahead. In order for y'all to understand why, I guess I need to share a bit. My other half will be leaving in just a few short weeks for a year. The only thing that makes this at all bearable is that we have some really exciting adventures to look forward to upon his return, as we have orders to somewhere wonderful. So, what do I do to make this year go by quickly but enjoy it along the way? I don't want to wish a year away, especially since I have two kids depending on me to make this all ok. So, here are my plans...
- Learn Italian
- Improve diet even further, eat cleaner, get kids onboard
- Run more, tone up, reduce body fat %
- Make more time for creativity and fun
- Read more
- Try something or somewhere new every week with the kids, like a different restaurant or museum.
- Grow my hair out
- Save money (probably my most difficult task)
- Meditate. meditate, meditate
- Write more, that includes this blog, a journal, and a new food blog that my husband and I plan on doing together
- Photograph everything
- Be more organized
- Learn a craft
- Spend time with family and friends
- Love better
Sounds easy enough! What I am most nervous about is the other stuff that I have planned. I would like to visit my husband for a couple months in Korea and this requires more work than just plane tickets, unfortunately. This might involve moving out of my house on my own, moving in with family, and homeschooling the kids. Oh, and spending money! I realize that I could save myself a lot of hassle and headache by just staying put, but this would mean more time apart from my husband and not spending time with family that I may not see for several years. The work seems worth the rewards...it just doesn't make it any less daunting. But I must remind myself throughout this year to...
Enjoy the Journey

No comments:
Post a Comment